- 1. Definitions of child abuse and neglect
- 4. Investigation policies
- 2. Reporting policies
- 5. Child welfare responses
- 3. Screening policies
- 6. Child welfare system context
Explore and Export Options
Full data set for all states and variable domains
- Download 2021 CSV data and data use resources (ZIP, 4.1 MB)
- Download 2019 version 2 CSV data and data use resources (ZIP, 4.3 MB)
- Download CSV data appended for all years and data use resources (PDF, 7.3 MB) , opens in a new window
Includes data and data use resources for 2019 version 2 and 2021
Access additional file formats (Stata, SAS, and SPSS) and data analytic support at National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect (external link)
Subset of states and variable domains for 2021 data
Select a subset of 2021 data to preview below.
- Under Filters, select up to five states and the variable domain of interest and click APPLY to preview the 2021 data.
- Use the DOWNLOAD DATA and DOWNLOAD CODEBOOK buttons once you are ready to proceed with the export. The data and associated codebook will download locally as .csv files.
2021 data preview
No states selected!
To begin please select 1 to 5 states and a variable domain.